Psychotherapy and Clinical Consultation
My name is Lisa Gioia (pronounced "Joya") and I am a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist with a private practice in Pleasanton California.
My experience includes:
- A Bachelor of Science in Child and Human Development from University of California, Davis.
- A Masters of Science in Counseling Psychology from California State University, East Bay.
- A Pupil Personnel School Services Credential (School Counseling) from St. Mary's of California, Moraga.
- Licensed as an MFT in 1982 (MFT# 17824).
- Fifteen years of experience with City of Hayward Youth and Family Services, Hayward Police Department.
- Sixteen years of experience with City of Fremont Youth and Family Services.
- Twenty-eight years of clinical supervision experience.
- Teaching experience at Bay Area graduate schools including: Professional School of Psychology, California State University East Bay, and University of Phoenix. Courses included Law and Ethics, Family Therapy, Child Therapy, Individual Therapy, and Clinical Practicum.
- Awarded "Outstanding Supervisor Award" by JFK University Graduate School of Professional Psychology.
- CAMFT approved provider of CEUs for Clinical Case Consultation (for the several years that CAMFT offered this program).
- Completed advanced training and consultation through the Selective Mutism Association's Selective Mutism Proficiency Program.
- Professional memberships in California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT), CAMFT East Bay Chapter, and the Selective Mutism Association.
My practice includes counseling/psychotherapy for children, teens, adults and families.
I also provide clinical consultation to developing therapists, licensed clinicians, and clinical agencies/teams.
To schedule an appointment, please call or text: +1.9252024533. Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org